USCIS Proposed Filing Fee Increases.
USCIS has proposed a rule to adjust the filing fees for immigration and naturalization benefit applications and petitions. The rule proposes to increase the immigration and naturalization benefit application and petition filing fees by a weighted average of $174, from an average fee of $264 to $438.
The following is a list of the proposed filing fee hikes for the principle employment based petitions and applications that may be used by NAFTA TN applicants.
Petitions for NAFTA TN Status through the Vermont Service Center:
- Form I–129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, from $190 to $320.
- Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status (family members), from $200 to $300.
Petitions for Lawful Permanent Residence (Green Card):
- Form I–140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, from $195 to $475.
- Form I–485, Application to Register Permanent Status or Adjust Status, from $325 to $905.
- Required biometric fee, from $70 to $80.
- Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, from $180 to $340.
- Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, from $170 to $305.
Read the proposed rule here.