Management Consultant TN Checklist
Factors to evaluate when considering eligibility for TN status as a Management Consultant:
- What is the particular business problem or issue that needs to be solved?
- What is the reason for the short-term need for an outside consultant?
- How is the applicant qualified to solve the problem?
- Is the applicant assuming an existing position or filling a newly created position?
- Who will the applicant report to?
- Who will implement the applicant’s plans, suggestions, recommendations?
- Does the applicant possess a Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree?
- If non-degreed, does the applicant have five years relevant experience as a management consultant documented by previous employment letters or professional credentials? Or does the applicant have five years experience in a field of specialty related to the consulting agreement documented by previous employment letters or professional credentials?
- Does the applicant have a detailed resume documenting the necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to solve the management problem?
- What are the terms of compensation? Will the applicant be a salaried employee or independent contractor? Will the applicant receive company benefits such as retirement and 401K plans, stock options, or life insurance?